Friday 12 June 2015

Waiting lounge on its feet.

In the last week of April I was coming back to Ahmedabad from Pune. My ticket was booked in tier II in a 2 a.m. train from Pune by my agent but the ticket was not confirmed. My agent assured me that my ticket will get confirmed as there was only one waiting in tier II. I left my training centre in Pune well before time and reached Pune station by 10:00 p.m.

Before leaving the training centre I watched two movies of South's superstar Allu Arjun. Both the movies were action packed. I was watching Allu Arjun's movies for the first time. I didn't expected him to be superb dancer. I mean if you watch south movies then you expect action but sensational dance moves from south Indian actors is rarity. Allu Arjun was swift on his feet. His moves were awesome. Apart from that I don't know why but Anushka Manchanda's 'Na jane' song from the movie I, me aur main was playing in my head since morning. My energy that day was at different level. There was excitement of going back home.

By the time I reached station reservation charts were out. First thing I did at station was I checked the charts. My name was not in that list. I checked PNR status and it was same. It still showed WL1. In simple terms my ticket got cancelled rather than getting confirmed. I was standing at Pune station. I had to catch a train at 2 a.m. but at 10:30 I came to know that my ticket has not been confirmed. It was a new city for me, I didn't know anyone there. It was a panic alert but I didn't panic in that sitiation. I called my agent. Before I say anything to him he started apologising and that calmed me down. He asked me to reach Mumbai anyhow. He said he said there is a flight from Mumbai to Ahmedabad at 5:30 in the morning and he was booking ticket in that flight. It was the best option among all. I stood in a queue to get the ticket to Mumbai but I wasn't able to get the ticket as railway staff went on a break of half an hour when I was almost there.

11:00 p.m. As there was a break at station I went at bus depot opposite to railway station. Last bus to Ahmedabad departed at 10:15 but there was a bus to Mumbai at 11:30. I bought the ticket of that bus and informed my agent that I have got the bus to Mumbai. He mailed me that air ticket and went to sleep. I was finding the ways to reach to airport and that man was sleeping. He knew he can relax only till I reach Ahmedabad then he was gone. I reached Mumbai at 2:00 a.m. I knew Mumbai is a city which never sleeps but still it was odd time to land in any city. I booked a cab to airport online in the bus only. It was safest option to airport at that point of time. After reaching airport I got a print out of ticket thanks to cooperative and highly supportive staff and then I reached to waiting lounge to relax a bit. I was in the lounge by 3:15 and after all the chaos I was sitting in the lounge and was trying to remove the stress.

Allu Arjun entered the lounge. I was surprised to see him in Mumbai. I didn't knew where he was going but even at that point of time he was charged. He was walking here & there in the lounge using his phone. Suddenly someone turned TV into a sound mode from a mute mode and on TV Anushka Manchanda's 'Na jane' was playing. The song is so well sung by Anushka that everyone's foot was tapping. Allu Arjun was busy with his phone call. As soon as he heard that song after his call he started shaking his leg. "Hey, it is one of my favorite songs." He shouted. "Na jane kahan se aaya hai, Na jane kahan ko jayega, deewana kisse banayega yeh ladka." He started singing along with dancing. He brought the whole waiting lounge on its feet with his energy at 3:45 in the morning. The airport staff also gathered in numbers to see him dance.

Then he came and pulled me from my arm to join him in that act. I woke up saying "no no...". When I looked around after opening my eyes everyone in the waiting lounge was looking at me then I realised it was just a dream. It was an embarrassing situation. So I put my head down and checked my mobile and it showed 4:12 a.m. I saw that dream because I saw couple of Allu Arjun movies and that Anushka Manchanda song was playing in my head all the time. So it was somewhere in mind and it came out as my imagination during that power nap. Though it was embarrassing but it brought that energy and excitement back in me which lasted till I reached home.

I am blogging for #MaxFreshMove activity at BlogAdda.com. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment