Tuesday 30 June 2015

Tiramisu - A delicious dessert.

Cake. Whenever I hear that word my dil goes mmmmm. When I see the cake I can't resist myself from having a bite. I wonder how a person would have come up with an idea of cake. The soft base made of flour and eggs mixed with cream and decorated with chocolate and nuts. So yummy. When that thing goes in my mouth it takes me in some another world. It creates some kind of temptation in me. Cake is one of the best things created in this world. I eat cake when someone bake it for me or when I buy it from some cake shop. I am thinking of baking a cake for sometime now but whenever I think of it the fear of going something going wrong follows. Cake is made with lot of care and if anything goes wrong in the process then it will turn into disaster.

As they say where there is a will there is a way. As I was thinking of baking a cake I came across this recipe in food section of rewardme.in. Tiramisu. It is written in its recipe only that tiramisu is that kind of desert you could never go wrong with, whether you are an expert baker or not. It gets ready in six hours and thirty minutes. You require six or seven ingredients depending upon whether you are a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian. As its seventh ingredient is eggs. To make Tiramisu you need three egg yolks (optional), 500 gm Mascarpone cheese, 3 tbsp castor sugar, 400 ml espresso, 250 gm Savoiardi biscuits, 6 tbsp Amaretto liqueur and 80 gm dark chocolate shavings.

Now take a mid sized mixing bowl and in that mix mascarpone cheese, castor sugar and the egg yolks with an electric beater or by hand till peaks are formed. Keep that bowl aside after the peaks are formed in it with the help of beater. Then take a flat dish and in that mix the coffee and Amaretto liqueur. After that dip half of the Savoiardi biscuits into this mix and arrange in a serving dish. Spread half of the cheese and sugar mixture evenly over biscuits. Make another layer after that and for that dip the remaining biscuits in the coffee mixture. Finish off with rest of Mascarpone and sugar mix. Cover it with the plastic wrap and refigerate for at least six hours.

Tiramisu gets even better with refigeration. After six hours of refigeration Tiramisu will be ready to serve but sprinkle with dark chocolate shavings before serving. It is difficult to get Savoiardi biscuits so you can use poind cake instead of them. I think this dish is going to make a cook soon as I am definitely going to try it. Tiramisu is mostly used as a dessert and there are many versions of this yummy dessert and all the versions are easy to make. I would recommend you to try your hand at it and see how you can improvise and make the best Tiramisu.



I am participating in the ‘Ready For Rewards’ activity for Rewardme in association with BlogAdda.

No comments:

Post a Comment