Wednesday 24 June 2015

It's my dad's birthday

Today is my dad's 51st birthday. He has crossed 50 years but he don't have even a single white hair on his head. So I am a son 51 years young father. Since the day has begun I am trying to celebrate it the way likes to celebrate it. I made him cut chocolate cake last night in the presence of our family only. By god's grace the shirt was delivered today which I ordered online three days back. So I presented that in the morning. He love being in formal clothes so I decided to go for a formal shirt. Since morning I am recalling all the moments which I have lived him.

My grandma used to tell me that when I was born my father don't used to play with me like other fathers. He never even picked me in his arms. As I was growing up he was very strict to me like an angry young man. He never compromised on my studies. He himself used to teach me all the subjects in my childhood. He always wanted me to be a ranker of a class but I never was. I was rather a notorious guy in the class. So every year teachers used to call my father to complain and he used to hate that. When I reached in 8th standard then I realised that he is feeling ashamed because of me. Teachers are insulting him because of me. I stopped doing mischiefs in class then.

In 11th standard there was parents meeting after the first term results and there he saw my name on the board. I got highest marks in accountancy in the whole school. At that moment he was so proud of me that his was sparkling with happiness. He couldn't resist smiling for whole day. Finally he dream was fulfilled. As I became young he became my best friend. He became my guide. He used to sit with me every day and ask me hows my day?, is there any problem? etc. He still do so. I started sharing everything with him freely. He made me headstrong person. He taught me to live life with self respect. He sacrificed his dreams to fulfill mine.

Over the years in the process of satisfying needs of family he adopted simplicity. He has gone above materialism. Whenever I have to buy a gift for him I have to think a lot. I have to keep in mind that I buy that thing for him which he actually going to use. For him cutting the cake and shirt is immaterial. What he will actually cherish is the hug which I gave him last night. I hugged him and said I am going to be with you always. I saw that sparkle in his eyes again after that hug. So I think hug is the best gift for my father.


I am participating in the '#HugYourDad' activity for Vicks in association with BlogAdda.

No comments:

Post a Comment