Thursday 18 December 2014

We are stuck between two cultures

Today India is divided among two types of people. One type of people are those who believe in Indian culture and thinking while other type of people are those who believe in foreign culture and thinking.

Indian culture and thinking is all about togetherness, being there for each other always, we first, one marriage and being loyal in that, great upbringing and mannerisms, restrictions etc. While foreign culture and thinking is all about me first, 2-3 marriages and getting children in all of them, not so great upbringing and mannerisms, freedom etc. Now normally people who are more than 20 years older than us i.e. poeple above 40 believe in Indian culture and thinking (all the above 40 people who don't believe in Indian culture are NRIs mostly) while most of youngsters of our age believe in foreign culture.

I am the one who believes in Indian culture and thinking. I will try to show the comaprison how I would have been in both the cultures. I am born and brought up under great parents. Since childhood I have learnt discipline, honesty, punctuality, being there for one another in every situation, values of a family and staying loyal and truthful in every relationship. Due to this I have developing into a person who is honest, punctual and disciplined. I always think of we (family) first rather than me first. I am very loyal, honest and truthful in every relationship I am in. I value my parents because of whom I am in this world. I believe in togetherness. I will be happy with one woman (of my choice. Hopefully) in my whole life. I have only adopted one thing of foreign land and i.e. clothing but I am totally Indian by heart.

Now if I was born on foreign land then I would have been brought up in working atmosphere where my parents would give more importance to work than me and my upbringing. My father would have been changed twice to thrice in the span of 15 years. By the age of 18 to 20 I would have had several one night stands. I wouldn't have found girls for love but for sex. I wouldn't have cared whether my parents are living or dying as I would have had nothing for my parents because of whom I am in this world. I would have always thought of me first. Instead of being honest and loyal in relationship I would have cheated and betrayed people around me. I would have been like a wild animal. Unfortunately these days in Indian boys and girls like that life and are adopting such culture very proudly.

Boys and Girls these days take one night stands as a fun which according to me is totally immoral act. You are allowed to marry only once in Indian culture and by doing premarital sex you are cheating that person whom you are marrying to. You have no right play with anyone's feelings. Couples these days kick their parents out of their homes at that point of age when they need them the most. Guys, your parents don't give you the birth to see that day. They sacrifice their needs and lot of thinks for you it is not like foreign countries that they leave you on your own. They are with you all your life. So its your responsibility to be with them and support them in their old age. So stop leaving them on their own in their old age.

It has become like a war between two generations one wants to be with their culture while other wants to adopt another culture but all of us are stuck in between which is even worse. Life has become quite tough to live and it is getting tougher. We don't know whom we should trust and whom we shouldn't. I really don't know where we are heading towards. People whom you love and want to spend your whole life don't want to be with you. Ghor kalyug aa gayaa hai. Duniya ka vinaash ab nishchint hai.

No comments:

Post a Comment