Sunday 7 December 2014

Missed Opportunity

I got a new job and I had a training in Mumbai for seventeen days and I forgot my shaving kit at home in Ahmedabad. I didn't even needed it for first three days. So I realised it after three days that I have forgotten my shaving kit at home only. My facial hair started growing from fourth day onwards. I started finding saloon in that area but I didn't found it.

Actually I have skin allergy. So I don't prefer to shave outside as I don't know what kind of shaving creams they use and due to that I have faced some serious skin problems earlier. So after a week I found a saloon to shave my face but the price of shaving there was 250 bucks which I do at home or anywhere with my shaving kit in around 20 bucks. It was way out of my capacity. I was not in financial position to afford it. So I kept shaving aside for that day. From next day I kept roaming in that area to find the saloon and I found one but it was that beneath the tree kind of saloon. It actually was beneath the tree. It was cabin made of sintex material to protect you from rain. I checked out the shaving foam and cream that man was using and it was surely going to affect my skin. So again I gave up the thought of shaving.

It was almost 12 days without shaving my face and the look was getting weird with every passing day. I told the reason to all the faculties in training before they say anything to me. Almost two weeks without shave now. There was icici bank apartment nearby and I saw a man was shaving one of its employees outside the gate of that appartment. So if he can't afford that 250 bucks saloon that how can I? I checked that cream as well but after checking that I gave up the thought of shaving again.

Training ended after 17 days and I had to join the work from 18th day itself. I was posted at the place which was around 100 kms from Ahmedabad. The schedule was like that I reached home at 7 in the morning and I had leave home at 8 so that I can reach the office on my first day well before time to make a good first impression.

I had an hour only and that whole hour went in getting fresh and having breakfast. I had no time to shave. I reached the office well before the time but my face was unshaved. The first comment my branch manager made was 'are you sure you have come to work. It doesn't look like from your face.' So I was unable to make good first impression due to an unshaved face. They say first impression is your last impression. Everything was perfect but just because my face was not shaved I was unable to make good first impression.

This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment