Friday 26 December 2014

Melbourne

Australia. Whenever I hear that word first thing comes into my mind is all those beautiful cricket grounds around the country. I used to see Australia from the viewpoint of cricket only till I came across the 'Come Alive in Melbourne' videos featuring Tanmay Bhatt and Rohan Joshi on youtube. I just fell in love with that city after watching those videos. Melbourne is considered as the most livable city in the world. Those videos were enough for me to know that why Melbourne is most livable city in the world. There are five places which I loved in Melbourne and became my five reasons to fall in love with that city. Here they are:

Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)

Let's start with Melbourne Cricket Ground (you can't expect anything else from cricket fanatic). MCG is one of the biggest ground and one of the most beautiful cricket stadiums in the world. As a player I want to clear those huge boundaries of MCG. I just want to have a go at bowlers so that I can whack few big sixes there. I know it is going beyond the boundaries now. Ok as a cricket fan I want to cheer for Indian players from its stands. It is hosting the world cup final next year and I am already thrilled by just imaging the atmosphere there. Have a look at the beautiful MCG here. Tanmay & Rohan watching Dhoni in action at the MCG

Apart from stadium I want to be at the Members reserve at MCG. I just want to see all those pictures or rather want to imagine those moments which players have lived there. The members reserve at MCG is as beautiful as the cricket ground. I have a video of The Members Reserve too have a look at it here. Tanmay & Rohan visit the members reserve of MCG

Chocolate Factory

If there is anything in this world I couldn't say no to then that thing is chocolate. It is the best thing in this world. I am a complete chocoholic person. There is a chocolate factory in Melbourne where they make every form and flavour of chocolate. The chocolate in shape of every animal. In that factory they pour 400 kgs of chocolate in every 3 minutes. I just want to take a bath in that hot chocolate. I can surely eat or take in all 400 kgs of chocolate. They have made a chocolate village in that factory. I wish I could live in that village. Moreover you can have liquid chocolate shots in that factory. I won't get high even after having 50 of those liquid chocolate shots.
You think I am lying about it. Take a look at it here. A day at Panny's Amazing World of Chocolate

Loch Ard George Beach

I think beach is the place where you can relax and romance as well. Beach is the place where you can release all your stress and enjoy the water and sand. Beach is also the place where you can walk hand in hand with the person whom you love. You and your beloved can have fun in the water there. Melbourne has Loch ard george beach which is amazingly romantic. I (and only I) know with whom I want to walk hand in hand on that beach. You decide it as well. You guys can have a look at the Loch ard George beach here. Tanmay & Rohan on Loch Ard Gorge beach

The Great Ocean Road

The great ocean road is the best road on the planet to drive on. It goes through forest, mountain and ocean scapes. It is a complete joy ride of over 220 kms. If I was in Melbourne I would have had taken out my Jaguar or Land Rover to go on a drive on that road. I love to go on a drive. So to drive on such a road would be a pure joy. You can check it out here. Tanmay & Rohan drive through the Great Ocean Road

12 Apostles

12 Apostles in Melbourne are in the water. So how will you see those apostles? You will see those apostles from helicopter or what we call it a chopper. It is like once in a lifetime experience to see those beatiful apostles from the helicopter. I think it can't be expressed in words. You need to experience it. It is surely in my to do list now. I just hope I go to Melbourne one day to experience it. Check it out how amazing it is. 12 Apostles from the sky

Apart from these five places Melbourne is full of awesome cafes and clubs. Melbourne also has vineyards but I don't drink so I didn't really have any interest in it. Moreover Melbourne is also famous for penguins and lots of other things which you can check it here. Actually not can but you should check it out because it might help you win gift voucher worth Rs. 500.

Yes. You read it right you can win a gift voucher of Rs. 500 just by going through these videos. Ok let me make it more clear just tell me "which of these places would you want to visit in Melbourne and why?" Best answer to this question will win the voucher of Rs. 500. So see the videos, choose your places, give the answer and win.

10 comments:

  1. Great post! After reading your post, I’d most like to visit the Dandenong Ranges for it’s scenic beauty, breathtaking view and cool breeze blowing through my hair. :P I’d give anything away for driving through the winding roads which are present throughout the ranges. I’d love to stay at one of the bed and breakfast cottages and go on frequent excursions in the forests with my camera which provides excellent views. And not to forget the famous ride in the Puffing Billy, a day reserved especially for that. To add to that, there are also several picnic spots for me and my friends to spend a fun-filled day and the ranges are a perfect spot for hiking and cycling.

    Pingback: https://cruxrebels.wordpress.com/2014/12/24/melbourne-the-place-to-be-see/

    Wish you and your blog a happy new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post and interesting videos that make me feel that
    Melbourne invites the eternal romantic in me to hold hands with my beloved and go see the Twelve Apostles .Go on long drives on the great ocean road. In the middle of nowhere in a vineyard spread a table and enjoy a meal and a glass of wine with my dear one. Enjoy the sunsets holding hands and do lots of shopping at the Queen Victoria Market and see all the graffiti being created at the hosier lane.
    Great Post and interesting videos watching them I am sure to visit Sovereign Hill for spending some time in the era gone by. The lure of gold and panning for some nuggets is a temptation that is too much to resist. After I have found the gold I am bound to celebrate it with some wine so I will visit the vineyards and enjoy some great wine from the Yarra region .Visit the Pannys Phillip Island Chocolate Factory and have my fill with this yummy delight.
    therisingstarz.blogspot.in/2014/12/melbourne-selfie-capital-of-australia.html
    http://goo.gl/ByJqvP
    therisingstarz.blogspot.in
    http://goo.gl/59Omjz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to visit the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) which is located in Yarra Park. Cricket has fancied me since childhood. I still remember those days when the elders in my neighbourhood used to start shouting and hunting for us the moment the cricket ball hit by me broke one of their window panes. Running away from them was even more exciting than playing cricket itself.

    I used to follow every cricket match played by India religiously and used to analyse and discuss it with friends and siblings for days and months. Being such an enthusiastic fan of cricket, visiting one of the world’s largest cricket stadiums is one of my dreams.

    The thought of being seated amongst 95,000 other fans of cricket and cheering the players itself sounds exciting to me. Such large cricket stadiums are one of the ways to explore how much the passion for cricket has penetrated among the people of the world. MCG is located in Yarra Park, which also has many other sporting fields. This would allow me to explore not just cricket, but also many other games.

    - Ranjith (http://www.alightheartedtalk.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After watching the videos of Rohan and Tanmay enjoying Melbourne, I am really feeling jealous of them and I would definitely love to visit the lovely places which they visited at least once in lifetime. Out of the places I seen in the list, I would definitely want to visit the Eureka Skydeck which is at breath taking height and I would feel like I am on 'Top of the World' for sure. Watching the view from that height is one is a life time experience for sure. God ! Please grant my wish to visit Melbourne at least once in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    We know beauty never need words but without words it cannot be explained and when you get wordless after seeing it... your mouth still get open wide and WOW comes out. Dear! Your explanation about Melbourne is wonderful and picturesque description. I am a person who always attracted to nature first of any place so I would love to see the Melbourne Nature & Wildlife. The 12 Apostles rock formations is world famous rocks which changes its color in sunrise and sun set. And then I will see the Phillip Island Nature Park where I want to see the animals which I hardly see in India. I never saw Penguins, Koala and other animals.
    Driving on a smooth road with natural beauty around you, it always gives you a feeling of heaven on Earth. I would love to drive on Great Ocean Road which is also famous in world to give you a scenic experience and the pleasure of that driving is amazing.

    Bhawna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Given a chance to visit Melbourne, I would absolutely make a run for Eureka Skydeck 88..Imagine the view of the city from such a great height of over 300 metres and while you are suspended in air in a glass box!
    This is an experience not to be missed and I hope I get a chance to visit Melbourne and go explore Eureka Skydeck 88 soon :)

    -Nikita@Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing Article.
    If I get a chance to visit Melbourne then
    I would like to spend my time in the Great Otway National Park, because I love watching animals. I would love to take a city tour by travelling on the Tram's of Melbourne. By travelling in tram's I want to explore every nook & corner of Melbourne. Besides this I would love to watch the amazing architectures of Melbourne like Eureka Tower, Royal Exhibition Building, etc. And without enjoying festivals, my journey would be incomplete so I will celebrate Australian Festivals.
    And how can I forget The MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground). As cricket is my favourite sport I would love to watch the Cricket world cup final which will take place at the largest stadium of Australia, that is, MCG.

    - Manu
    Harstuff Travel - http://goo.gl/6t4oZy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post.Just loved your blog post. I am in love with driving and road trips, The Great Ocean Road is the ideal place for the people like me. I will surely visit that place in Melbourne and enjoy the sea shore, sunrise and gorgeous mesmerizing view.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being a person who loves to travel this place has struck my eye.
    And here, Eureka Skydeck 88 is going to be first on my list.. i can just imagine the view after reading about it and i feel its going to be awesome.
    Then the St. Kilda Beach,the long walk on the beach during the sunset will be just perfect.. And finding gold is also there.. :D
    why not get my pockets filled with some tresure hunt..Laneways and Arcades is going to be the place to explore my "Lara croft" skills.. :D :D
    Melbourne is going to be a great place to visit and enjoy a holiday..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    My email id is hemmma09@gmail.com
    in case you decide me as a winner

    ReplyDelete