Monday 16 March 2015

Togetherness

Some days in your life make a special place in your heart and stay with you forever. 30th january 2015. The day on which my parents celebrated their 25th anniversary. My parents are very simple and they never celebrate their anniversary. So I wanted to make it special for them this time but I didn't had much time to plan out the things. As we were out of station for my cousin's wedding. We were back in Ahmedabad on 29th January but I ordered gifts for them online on 27th only hoping that it will be delivered by 30th.

We reached home late at night on 29th january. I slept much before 12 that night as I was exhausted after driving whole day. Before sleeping that night I announced to the whole world that it is my parents' 25th marriage anniversary via a blog post dedicated to them. I poromoted that blog post on social media and announced that my parents are greatest. Next day was a working day, my manager didn't allow me to take leave. My dad has some plans on that day so he was onto it since morning. I told my brother to order the cake in the morning as he returns from the college. He did that.

My father was closest to my grandma but unfortunately god snatched her from us too early. So only elder in our family now was my nani. So I decided to pick nani up while going back and instructed my brother to take the cake from the shop only when I call him. In the evening while going back home I called nani that I am coming to pick her up, instructed my brother to go and pick up the cake and reach at nani's house after picking up the cake. I reached at nani's home and she was ready and happy after all it was her daughter's 25th marriage anniversary. My brother showed me the cake and it was awesome. We were geared up for the big surprise.

As we reached home my gifts reached there before me and mom were checking those gifts. So half the surprise was over there only. I straight away went and hugged her. I wished her and dad both. Then when they saw nani they became even more happy. Dad's eyes became wet because of happiness. I knew that he was missing grandma but he was happy that atleast nani was there. Mom's happiness too was beyond limit. I mean this is what you live for to see your parents happy. They cut the cake with nani and then there was only happiness around. I covered Dad's face with the cake while nani and mumma got busy in their talks. I asked dad that where did he go in the morning. He said he and mumma wanted to donate few things to some special people and he did that in the morning. It gave me motivation and strength to help people who are in need. I always look up to him with lot of pride. I am blessed to have such parents. In this way that day became memorable in my life.

Housing.com brings the families #together. To know more about it click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment