Thursday 5 March 2015

A tweet of hope for an aspiring writer

In 2011 I started blogging. At that stage I just wanted to try my hand at writing. I wanted to know how good I am at writing. Along with blogging I was very much active on twitter as well. I joined twitter in 2010. On twitter I used to write about cricket mostly as I didn't know how to use hashtags well and other things about it at that time. I learnt using hashtags well from 2011 Indian Premier League and then I started blogging in August 2011. My first blog post was on corruption which got 'ok' kind of response. At that time India was touring England. So I decided to write on India's performance in England. I summarised that tour in three blog posts. It got better reponse than expected. After that I wanted to increase my readers base by increasing my followers on twitter. Thus I was super active on twitter.

Champions League T20 began in September that year. By that time I was using hashtags pretty well and during that Champions League T20 best tweet during of the day was shown on air between the match. I was trying hard to see my tweet on air. Therefore I was tweeting using those hashtags everyday. I remember navratri was going on during that time. Me, my father and my brother were watching Kolkata Knight Riders' game that night. 17 overs were bowled and match was almost over by then. There was nothing to watch in that match. My father suggested to switch off the T.V and let's go out to enjoy navratri. I stopped him saying that wait my tweet is going to be on air today.

After third ball of the 18th over my tweet was on air. I just said for the sake of saying but it actually was on TV. I was jumping after seeing my name on TV. I was not able to believe that my tweet was best tweet of the day. After enjoying that moment I went out to enjoy navratri. I was so happy that after going out I was asking everyone 'did you see the match tonight?' then I was saying about the tweet to them. There was one person who was even more happier that night and that person was my father. My father was so proud of me that he was said about the tweet to every person he met that night. I saw the pride in his eyes. I made my father proud that day and that's the thing I live for.

So that was the moment which filled me with optimism and hope for the future. It made me believe that I can be a writer. That tweet made me optimistic about my writing. It is not like that my tweet was on TV only once. My other tweets as well were on air after that series. Indian Premier League, India - West Indies test series and others were the tournaments in which my tweets were selected to be on air between the match. All those tweets boosted my confidence about writing and today I am a co-author of game of blogs. Every tweet on air and writing competition contributed in making me an author but that first tweet on air created a hope that I can be a writer and I am a writer today.

Likewise me housing.com too look up to innovation and optimism to know more about it click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment