Wednesday 25 March 2015

Food Haven Singapore!

I have never been to Singapore but I have heard a lot about shopping malls there from my friends who has been to Singapore. Few days ago while surfing I came across the website of far east hospitality. I was surprised to know that not only shopping malls but Singapore is famous for its food as well. Singapore can surprise you with its huges variety of cuisines to choose from. It is a complete food haven. It is the best place to visit for foodies.

I used to be a foodie when I weighed more than 90 kgs. Now my weight is around 70 kilos which means I don't eat that much now. Though I eat less food now but I eat tasty food. I never compromise in taste when it comes to food. Hence I was quite surprised when I saw such variety of cuisines. After seeing all the varieties of food, the Singaporean food which I liked the most was prata. First thing came into my mind after reading that was paratha. Actually prata is muslim version of paratha and to that singaporeans has added their twists and have made 5 versions of prata.

1. Roti tissue

Roti tissue prata is crispy rather than chewy. It comes in a spherical cone like a plain dosa. It is in paper thin nature. One can enjoy it with sambhar or pickles.

2. Roti plaster

Other one is roti plaster prata which is made with egg on its dough. It is like egg paratha. I am a vegetarian by the way but I eat egg. So I don't have any problem with egg paratha or roti plaster prata.

3. Chicken floss prata

As I said I only eat egg when it comes to non vegetarian food. Thus I won't be able to write much about it but it will be delicious for those who love fluffy dry chicken.

4. Red bean prata

Red bean prata agian is crispier and is an innovation on traditional chinese red bean pancake. It oozes red bean paste with every bite. It is normally served as dessert and fairly so. I mean how a main course can be sweet.

5. Prata Benedict

This prata is made with poached eggs on the top of it. Moreover some Indian sauce or let it be desi some Indian chutney is added to it which I can't judge by seeing its colour. It is another yummy egg paratha.

This is the Singaporean food which I liked and would definitely like to try it sometime. Similarly there are lots of other foods as well twisted with flavours from around the world. You can see other foods here.

There is water in my mouth as I come to an end of this. Seriously there is far more Singapore about which we don't know. Singapore is not food haven rather it is a food heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment