Monday 17 August 2015

Cheese Veg Pasta after Cricket

Sunday according to me is made for two things cricket and food. Every sunday of mine begins with cricket and ends with food. On 9th August, it was a final of a local tournament and my team reached final for the first time. Luckily it was my Sunday on the field. My team won that final remarkably. As far as my performance is concerned I picked up only one wicket but batted till the end to win it for my team. After winning that final we celebrated a lot. We ran all over the ground with stumps and bats to celebrate our victory. All of us were clicking slefies, pictures with the trophy after winning the match. It was very important for us as on the four occasions prior to that we were out of that tournament from quarters. It was the first time we reached the final and we won it. So everyone was happy.

When I reached home after celebrating that victory I was very hungry. I told mom that I want to eat pasta today. I eat pasta at home only as my mom makes pasta in Indian style. I don't like pasta made in italian style as they make it sweet. My mom makes it in Indian style and I call it 'cheese veg pasta.' While mom was making the pasta I was narrating her the story of our victory.

"This time paa has bought some new brand of pastas.," I said to mom in between of my story.

"Yes, it is Del Monte farfalle pasta.," Mom showed me the packet of that pasta.



I continued with my story then. Along with my story I was also keeping an eye on how mom is making those pastas. After finishing my narration I was into pasta only. For the first time I was taking interest in cooking. I told mom to tell me how she cook it. She started with ingredients.

Ingredients:

1. Del Monte Farfalle Pasta.
2. 2 potatoes
3. 1 onion
4. Corn kernels
5. 2 tomatoes
6. Green peas
7. Salt
8. Red chilli powder
9. Turmeric
10. Garam Masala
11. Green coriander
12. Cheese
13. Cooking oil

Mom was told me about the ingredients while converting corn into kernels. After that she started with the steps to make the pasta.

Steps:

1. First boil 3 litres of water with one and half table spoon of salt.

2. then put Del Monte farfalle pasta in it and boil it for 15 minutes on high flame.

3. While pasta is being boiled chop potatoes and onion in very small pieces and take out the kernels out of the boiled corn
(Mom boiled the corn earlier. You have to boil corn as well.)

4. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan on another burner, sauté chopped onion and potatoes in it until they turn somewhat brown.

5. Stir pasta in between and add cooking oil in it to prevent sticking.

6. Make the paste of tomatoes with blender until onion and potatoes get brownish texture.

7. Add tomato paste, green peas and corn kernels in to the frying pan after chopped potatoes and onion are brownish.

8. Now drain the boiled pasta, put it in the frying pan and mix it with that mixture.

9. Then add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric according to your taste. Moreover add garam masala to give it a flavour and taste.

10. Then mix it properly and cook it on the low heat for 5 to 7 minutes.



11. Lastly plate it and garnish it with cheese and green coriander.




"And here is your cheese veg pasta. Tell me how is it?," Mom brought the dish of pasta on the dining table.



I wore a chef's hat and said after having a bite of it "Mmmm. Garam masala has given it a perfect flavour and it blends well with vegetables. In short it's delicious."

"Thank you, Chef." Mom said and we started laughing.

Actually it made my sunday more eventful. On that day I came to know how much effort my mom gives in making such delicious dishes. It was a perfect treat after such a cricket match.

No comments:

Post a Comment