Friday 8 May 2015

An evening in Kolkata

I went to Kolkata last month for training. I work in a general insurance company. Company introduced some new reports in the system. Hence to brief us (employees) about them they held training in Kolkata. I had never been to Kolkata before so it was going to be tough job to find a cab or auto after getting down there at Kolakata station. Hence I booked a cab online before I reached Kolkata. As I reached there the cab was waiting for me and it dropped me at hotel within half an hour. On the way I was wondering how good our company is in selling car insurance in Kolkata? I decided to check it during training.

Training center was few kilometers away from the hotel and company provided me and my colleague a car for pick up and drop from and to the hotel and for roaming around the city. Next morning training started and that morning we started getting along with that man. By the evening we came to know that he bought a new car some time back and started his work as a cab with it. With the help of hotel's management he got this opportunity of working as a cab of the company. After training I reached hotel, got refreshed and was ready to roam around the city. While my colleague was boring so he decided to stay in hotel only.

All roads were heading towards eden garden that evening as Kolkata Knight Riders were palying there. I wanted to go and watch the match but I didn't had tickets then also I told that cab driver to head towards eden garden. I asked him in the way whether it is possible to get tickets now but he denied. On the way he started asking me about car insurance as he didn't had any knowledge about it. It's amazing people buy insurance without knowing about the cover that policy is going to provide them. People come to know about the coverage when they claim for damages.

I asked him about how they buy the car insurance in Kolkata? Whether they buy it while buying a new car or they buy it after that. He answered innocently that dealers offer them insurance when people buy new car in Kolkata. So it was same here in Kolkata as well that most of the people buy insurance through auto tie up only. By the time I enquired that, we reached eden garden. I didn't had ticket and was unable to even arrange one. I went there not to see a match but to see India's one of the oldest cricket stadium. I was walking around it in all the excitement and rush. After walking around and checking that stadium from outside for half an hour I told that cab driver to head back towards the hotel.

While going back I asked that when his car's insurance policy is going to expire? He showed me policy copy which was kept in car. It was about to expire in two months. Seeing that I showed him how to check coverage of insurance policy on net. Not only that I gave him a whole demo that what he has to keep in mind while renewing insurance policy of his car. I showed him how to compare the policies of different companies. I helped him to know how he can get the deals while renewing his insurance. I instructed him to renew his insurance only after comparing the policies, deals and offers on the net. Moreover I also helped him to get the numbers and addresses of different insurance company's branches in Kolkata. He was a net savvy person so he picked up everything quickly. After getting all the information he was happy that he got some knowledge about insurance.

While coming back to the hotel he showed me the house of Dada (Saurav Ganguly) as by that time he knew that I am cricket fanatic and I am more interested in seeing such places. Overall it was good evening in Kolkata. I visited the historic eden garden there then I stoped by my favourite captain's house. I couldn't have asked for more. Then I came back watched the match and slept after celebrating KKR's victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment