Saturday 25 June 2016

Laptop under 10K

Yes, you read the title right. Laptop under 10K. Which laptop is available under 10K, I will tell you later. First, I will tell you about how I found that laptop. Recently, my brother completed first year of his college and entered in the second year. "Bhai, I need a laptop." My brother said to me on the second day of his second year in college. I understood his need. Laptop is required in college. One have to do various projects, research, there is study material, notes in form presentations, documents and spreadsheets. So one need laptop in college. Here, the problem was that we had bought two mobiles of Rs. 25K and one tablet of Rs. 30K in the span of last six months. So a new laptop around 50K was emptying our pockets.

I suggested my brother to go for a mini laptop with 10-inch screen around Rs. 15K. He started searching for that. He started visiting stores, he searched websites and he shortlisted some mini laptops. After shortlisting mini laptops, my brother took suggestion from his friends before buying one. One of his friends suggest him RDP Thin Book and told him that its price is just Rs. 9999. That friend's budget was also 15K. My brother asked me to get the complete specifications of that laptop as he thought it is some made in China product. So I visited RDP's website and I was surprised to know that it is an Indian company providing laptop for just Rs. 9999. I checked its specifications and I found that it has 14.1 inch display which is much bigger than 10 inch mini laptops.



It has resolution of 1366×768 pixels. It has Intel quad core processor with 2gb ram and 32gb storage. It is the windows 10 based laptop. Graphics in thin book are provided by Intel HD graphics and it also includes a web camera and a Bluetooth.  Thin Book has 10000 mAh battery. Moreover Thin Book has revolutionary design with glossy fiber and elegant edges as per ergonomics. Company claims that Thin Book is India's first ultra slim laptop in India at a budget price of Rs. 9999/-. When I described all these features to my brother. He said, "it is worth going for." He explained with his logic, "We spend 20 - 25K on a mobile and throw it away in two or two and a half years. While this laptop is just under 10K and it is an Indian product. So we should go for it."

We have pre ordered it. I know no big names are associated with it but my brother is right. It is worth going for. It is not a chinese product. And who give you a laptop (which is not China) at just Rs. 9999. RDP is India's leading IT hardware manufacturing company. I am sure RDP would have designed this product for tier 2 and tier 3 city people who have not tried a laptop simply because it is too expensive. Being an ethnocentric, I give thumbs up to Thin Book. I feel more and more Indian companies should come up with such products so that we can kick Chinese products out of this country.

2 comments:

  1. A motivating discussion is worth comment. I think that you need to write more about this subject matter, it may not be a taboo subject but typically folks don't speak about these topics. To the next! Many thanks!!
    Best Laptop Guide

    ReplyDelete