Thursday 21 April 2016

Coworking

Last evening, I was playing clash of clans in my mobile phone. I was in the middle of attack and phone rang. It was Ajay's call. I picked up the call and started scolding him for spoiling my attack. Ajay is my classmate, an SEO and a freelancer. He has called from Mumbai. He had an idea. He wanted to start an sports website with the help of my writing. He said that we will publish my articles on that website along with some time pass games. It was an interesting idea but there was one more thing which was interesting and that thing was that he was calling from a coworking space. I had no idea about coworking but I didn't let him know that. I hung up the saying "Ah! Nice place. Enjoy."

I googled coworking after the call. Then I came to know that coworking is a place (mostly an office) where work at home professionals, independent contrators and freelancers work together. It a social gathering of a group of people working independently. They share values with each other at coworking space. Coworking helps in escaping the distractions of home. Coworking is not only about the physical place, but about establishing the coworking community. It benefits all the coworkers working together. These coworking communities organise events. In those events coworkers get the chance to know each other. It decreases the barriers to join a place later.

In the search results of coworking on google, there was one website kowrk.com. It is a website which helps freelancers, work at professionals etc in finding coworking space. Coworking has reached to that level and I didn't even knew about it. Kowrk is a plateform that connects users with coworking spaces, business centers and shared offices. This platform is currently in four countries wiz. Hong Kong, Singapore, India and Cambodia. It is a great platform for me as a freelancer. It will change the whole working atmosphere for me. Ultimately it will increase my efficiency and contacts. It will also help me to increase my business.

Kowrk.com has recently launched speaker series in Hong Kong. This speaker series will facilitate the exchange of knowledge and insights between industry and academic experts and startups. The launch event was held in Hong Kong and in that Honey Jain Kathuria, the founder of Kowrk.com said "As a platform that connects startups with shared office spaces, we see kowrk as a significant contributor to the startup ecosystems of the locations. The speaker series is another initiative." Kowrk plans to tap its deep connections with industry and academe to bring experts to share their experience and guide entrepreneurs. Over 90 spaces are listed on Kowrk.com in four countries. Kowrk is the future of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment